Monday, February 15, 2010

Keep Your Day Job

While many online job websites promise amazing riches, the reality is that even if you do make great money, it usually takes time.  That is why it is better that you keep your day job just for now, and work on building your business in your spare time.  If you want to concentrate on setting this business up, perhaps take some holidays you have owing, or leave without pay, but only if you can afford it.

I am a stay at home mum, so I dont earn an income at all.  I am trying to establish my People Search website, so that I dont have to go back to work and leave my son.  I also have a number of working blogs, where I use Google Adsense to help pay the bills.  My main blog is on ways of making and saving money, and then the three other blogs, including this one have grown from there.  In order to get a bit of money together I am writing freelance articles for private clients that I have obtained through a freelancer's website.  I cant live off the income - I have to balance my article writing with my blogging and most importantly, looking after my husband and son, but it should pay for any advertising that I need to do later on in the process.  Thankfully I am able to rely on my husband to financially support us.

I  found a great blog on getting started in freelance writing called write.write/money.money - there is a list of about 13 different places you can get started. 

For now I am using free outlets for promotion, which I will explain in a later blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment